Sunday 23 October 2016

Starting Again


Well, its been a while. Its been about two years since I've written on this blog, so excuse me if i'm a bit rusty. I deleted all my past posts, I want to start again.

I found university very hectic, blogging fell to the side as I tried to keep up with friends and assignments. But honestly, I had nothing exciting to say - I had gone through a pretty hideous break up, two dissertations and more junk food than i'd like to admit. This was definitely not what I expected from my twenties, it turns out that actually nothing went the way I planned.

I loved uni, so much that after completing my undergraduate degree I went to a different university to complete a masters degree. But then you finish, you close the hundreds of tabs, move back home, graduate if you're lucky.

Staying on to do a postgraduate degree meant that when I returned there was few people left who I still spoke to. Not only had I moved back into my family home, but the majority of people I know had been replaced with tumbleweeds.

I filled out what felt like hundreds of job applications, few of which replied to me at all, let alone offered me an interview. But that's the reality of graduating, everything (temporarily) seems downhill.

After Bridget Jones-ing my way through many job hunts I've finally been offered a full time position, in something that i'm really interested in.

That's why I thought this was a perfect time to re-start my blog. I'm 22, starting my first job and manoeuvring life back without the independence of living alone.

I have no idea what i'll have to say, but you're welcome to stick around and find out.

Aimee x




No comments:

Post a Comment